Saturday, November 23, 2013
Here are some ways that bacteria is getting into your makeup, and how to avoid it!
Mascara pumping: We've all done this. Mascara pumping is when we try and get more product on to the brush. What we’re actually doing is drying out the mascara, creating a dry flaky product to form at the top, which becomes breeding ground for germs. We then put that on our eyes, back into the tube and then back onto our eyes. Instead of pumping the brush into the mascara, swirl it inside and never use the same mascara for any longer than three months.
Tubes vs. Jars: This is a no brainer. Jars tend to collect tons of germs as you put your hands into a product multiple times. If possible, go with a tube where you can just squeeze out the product, if you can’t do that, then make sure to use the product with a brush or sponge instead of your fingers.
Reapplying Lipstick After Eating: This goes for any lip product, but when you reapply your lipstick directly after eating, you’re pressing left over food particles into your lips, and into the product itself. Bacteria can then live on the surface of lipstick, or inside the tube of lip gloss, which will spread onto your lips in the next application. Make sure you fully wipe off any food on your lips and if possible, and try to brush your teeth before applying lip color.
Not Cleaning Your Makeup Bag: This is a big one--I've even been guilty of this myself! If you think cleaning every one of your makeup products is enough, it isn't. Your makeup bag also needs to be cleaned out. If it’s a canvas bag, you can throw it in the washing machine with your towels or in the dishwasher to get any loose bacteria out of the bottom of the bag. If it isn't a canvas bag, you can use disinfecting wipes to wipe out the inside without ruining the outside of the bag.
I hope that helps! Good luck ladies, and stay germ-free!
- ► 2015 (57)
- ► 2014 (47)
- Happy Black Friday!!
- Pretty Studs for Every Girl on Your List!
- Control Your Crazy Curls with Ouidad!
- Sneaky Ways Bacteria is Getting into Your Makeup
- Sniff This: Victoria's Secret Angel Dream (And a G...
- Shop it to Me GIVEAWAY: Win Valentino, Gucci or Co...
- My Latest Obsession: Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream
- Fancy a Fan? Enter This FANCY Hand Fan Giveaway!
- You're Never Too Old For...
- A Garter for Gals on the Go!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Return of the Man Purse
- How to Wash Your Hair -- The Right Way
- "Why Do Your Eyes Look So Awesome??!"
- ▼ November (14)
- ► 2012 (250)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)